Well I finished the headpieces. It took about 2 layers of sealer (glue), 3 layers of craft paint and then
I buffed in some liquitex Burnt Umber Acrylic paint to give it more depth. Then used a bit of the rub and buff and then 2 coats of Liquitex Glossy varnish. I’m pretty pleased with the way they came out

Here’s a before and after the “antique” paint job. The left is just plain cheap craft paint in gold. the Right is the treated one.

She-ra Wings before and after

 Here’s the finished pieces.

Finished Wings

I cut out most of the foam pieces for the neck, upper arms, the chest. They still need to be sanded, painted and so on. I also cut out the dress for fitting. I will post those in the next few days as I finish each piece.

Jane

Advertisements